WIP Wednesday and a new look for Seraphym Handmade

Happy Wednesay!

As promised I'm showing you my project I've been working on this summer, and in true WIP fashion, I'm going to show you what I'm working on right now.

But before we get there what do you think of my bloggy? I've tweaked it to have more colour because my previous banner and buttons were a bit sad looking. I'd love to know what you think, and if you follow me in  reader, come and pop by in blogger too see what I'm talking about.


So I've jumped on the Freshly Pieced W.I.P bandwagon to introduce my Man Quilt. After completing my first quilt, the Mr. asked when I was making him a quilt... repeatedly.




Now I still consider this a work in progress, despite the fact that the construction of the top is complete, but i don't consider a quilt complete until the last hand sew peice of binding. I also plan on stenciling some artwork in the middle of the quilt. This one is my own pattern, paper peiced and a little bit messy and mismatched, which adds to its manly charm.


I've also been playing around with my scraps from my first quilt, which you can see here. And this is the product of my playing around...

 



I'm going to turn these into some throw pillows for my lounge room I think, and then play around with a pattern maybe to create a full sized quilt.


What are you working on?


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced






Comments

  1. Love the quilt - brilliant, original design. Wow!!! The scraps look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Man Quilt! I'm looking forward to seeing how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great 'man quilt' I am sure he will be thrilled with it:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop me a line ;-)

Popular Posts