Australian Craft and Quilt Fair 2013

So who went to the Australian Craft and Quilt Fair? I went to the Melbourne one!

I look forward to nothing more than going off to a craft fair, nothing stimulates my inspiration sensors like it. I'm the type of fair go-er who loves nothing more than getting in early and slowly making my way around the stalls, taking a big rest for lunch then tackling the quilt display before running around to get anything that I missed through the stalls then running out before it gets too busy. The classes aren't really my thing.

Check out my goodies!
 
"Frederick the Literate" Cross Stitch Kit from StitchAbout, @ balls of Alpaca yarn from Australian Alpaca Barn, The Crochet Sticth Bible from Can Do Books, Washi Tape from The Craft Spot and freezer paper from Punch With Judy 

Over all I felt the show was very quilting heavy, which is a little disappointing since I was looking forward to getting some yarn, but what I found didn't really suit my price range or the project I had in mind apart from the two Alpaca balls of yarn my grandmother bought for me (so I could make her two pairs of fingerless mitts!)

My highlights were:

- Finding that adorable cross stitch Kit for a steal of $40
- watching a demonstration of yarn spinning ( I am determined to do this one day)
- The amazing quilt display as always
- spending time with friends and my grandmother!

What did you think of the show?



Comments

Popular Posts