A Multi Coloured Baby Quilt Finish!


This quilt started off as a simple crocheted blanket, but of course I couldn't stop there. I had originally intended to add some cute baby themed fabric to the back of the blanket, but because the crochet stitches are so far apart, you would see the back of the fabric through it. So my thought patterns and ponderings evolved into "I'm going to make a quilt" as it usually always does! The crochet blanket forms the backing of the quilt, which is also lined with calico, to protect the batting.



I first quilted the quilt without the crochet blanket with a meandering stitch, then quilted in the ditch to attach the crochet.The fluffy yarn plus the bamboo batting makes this one thick and SO warm, which was a bit of a pain to sew the binding on by hand in this crazy heat wave we've had in Melbourne this past week.



I didn't use a pattern for this one, instead opting to arrange a tonne of HST's into 6 colour themed formations with grey, white a black fabrics to form the negative space.

 
What have you been up to?
 

Comments

  1. I love the way you've used all the colour with the grey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Serena! I wasn't sure if the grey was too much with the white but I think it breaks it up a bit :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing - combining crochet and quilting. The blanket looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop me a line ;-)

Popular Posts