Unisex Baby Quilt with Elephant - A New Quilt



The Elephant Baby Quilt is Finished!

42" wide x 51.5" Long (107 cm x 131cm)



I had this idea to quilt-as-you-go animal silhouettes for a while and this is how it came out. I love how quickly it comes together paired with the joy of picking out a variety of bright bold colours from my scraps. If you know me, you'd know I love using up my scraps, I simply cannot stand how much fabric is 'wasted' in the quilting process. Plus, using a mish mash of colours and patterns from your scraps bin is as much therapeutic as is the process of sewing. Plus I think it helps me practice matching patterns, colours and prints.


I traced my elephant shape onto the cotton batting in pen, then worked from the centre out in QAYG. I really tried to use more smaller strips as My QAYG grew to give more color variation.
It was then trimmed and reverse appliqu├ęd to the flannel.



...And how cute is that backing fabric! I'm a sucker for stripes, especially for binding, and the rainbow colours are just awesome. 

The front of the quilt is a soft flannelette making it extra warm and cozy, and a different texture for bubbas to explore.


This quilt is for sale in the Princess Caz Etsy Store

Thanks for stopping by!


xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop me a line ;-)