Unisex Baby Quilt with Elephant - A New Quilt



The Elephant Baby Quilt is Finished!

42" wide x 51.5" Long (107 cm x 131cm)



I had this idea to quilt-as-you-go animal silhouettes for a while and this is how it came out. I love how quickly it comes together paired with the joy of picking out a variety of bright bold colours from my scraps. If you know me, you'd know I love using up my scraps, I simply cannot stand how much fabric is 'wasted' in the quilting process. Plus, using a mish mash of colours and patterns from your scraps bin is as much therapeutic as is the process of sewing. Plus I think it helps me practice matching patterns, colours and prints.


I traced my elephant shape onto the cotton batting in pen, then worked from the centre out in QAYG. I really tried to use more smaller strips as My QAYG grew to give more color variation.
It was then trimmed and reverse appliquéd to the flannel.



...And how cute is that backing fabric! I'm a sucker for stripes, especially for binding, and the rainbow colours are just awesome. 

The front of the quilt is a soft flannelette making it extra warm and cozy, and a different texture for bubbas to explore.


This quilt is for sale in the Princess Caz Etsy Store

Thanks for stopping by!


xoxo




Comments

Popular Posts